2. What will FCS not Fund?
The Foundation can only make grants to organizations that are established for not-for-profit purposes. Even if the activity for which you have applied is charitable, you will not be eligible for a grant unless your constitution clearly states the charitable nature for which your organization has been set up. If you think your organization may be affected by this condition, please get advice from FCS before you make an application.
The Foundation will NOT make grants available for/to:
- Endowments & scholarships.
- Projects or activities outside Tanzania.
- Projects or activities which have already been finished.
- Projects that provide grants to other organizations.
- An honorarium for organization’s paid staff.
- Income-generation / Micro-finance activities
- Applications from professional fundraisers or consultants acting on behalf of organizations.
- Political parties.
- Projects that promote a particular religion, ethnic group/tribe or race.
- Private sector businesses
- Organizations that are in significant debt.
- Stand-alone Workshops, Conferences, Seminars, unless they are part of a wider set of activities, and are linked to clear results
- Unanticipated costs (contingencies).
- Provision of social services.
- Applications for Strategic Grants to implement projects not in line with FCS strategic plan