INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) is an independent Tanzanian Not-For-Profit Development Organization that provides grants and capacity building services to Tanzania based Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). FCS was registered as a legal entity in September 2002 and started its operation in January 2003; it is currently one of the biggest and main sources of funding for Tanzanian CSOs.
The idea to establish Foundation for Civil Society was born out of a confluence of purpose between some leaders of the civil society movement and a group of Development Partners in 2002. This motivated by amongst others a need to enhance CSOs engagement in national poverty reduction programs, increase ‘development aid’ harmonization as well as streamline DPs support to CSOs. FCS is thus an intermediary support mechanism for CSOs in Tanzania and seeks to enable the latter’s effective engagement in poverty reduction initiatives in ways that are complementary to government efforts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGMENT
Foundation for civil society is seeking the services of a professional consultant with experience in well documenting impact in the Development sector. The assignment involves developing a documentary on FCS’s work in the period between 2020-2023.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant shall have the following scope of work;
· Review the FCS video and photography archive and provide expert recommendations on the overall direction of the documentary by selecting the best videos to incorporate into the final documentary. This will involve working closely with the Business Development and Partnership department and Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning Unit
· To conduct interviews with FCS key personnel and write a script for the documentary to provide structure and ensure a compelling documentary
· Provide FCS with all produced content that will be stored digitally via an external drive/flash or a cloud link. The consultant must also ensure that all content produced is copyrighted as well.
· The consultant is to ensure that all content produced adheres to FCS internal policies, including but not limited to submitting consent forms.
The consultant shall have the following deliverables:
Submit one 15-minute video documentary that captures impact of FCS’s work
Duly signed consent forms for each photography submitted.
The successful candidate will administratively be under the overall supervision of the Business Development and Partnership Manager but will report directly to the FCS communications Officer.
TIMEFRAME, BENEFICIARIES AND REPORTING
The collection of the stories will have to be undertaken by December 1st 2023 and concluded by December 10th 2023.
REQUIRED EXPERTISE /QUALIFICATION
· A consultant with good capability and experience of documenting and collecting high impact stories with human interest stories at the centre whist capturing the um
· Extensive experience in working with Community Based Organisations and community development groups.
· A consultant with a good understanding of the Civil Society Sector in Tanzania.
· Excellent report writing, analysis and documentation skills.
Fluent in both spoken and written English and Swahili.
Capable of taking high quality videos.
Interested candidates are required to submit
· One page summary proposal of the understanding of the Assignment
· Proposed Methodology/ approach to undertake the assignment and gather the stories (half a page)
· Work plan and deliverables Detailed budget to undertake the assignment
· Attach samples of previous work experience either through soft copy or provide hard copy at FCS main office in Dar es salaam
Deadline for submission is 30th November 2023, 16.30hrs.
Submission should be sent to the:
The Foundation for Civil Society
7 Madai Crescent
P.O. Box 7192, Dar es Salaam
Telephone: +255 22-26644890-2